Dear Fellow GFWC Georgia Club Women,
It is an honor and a privilege to write this first communication to you as the 2018-2020 GFWC Georgia State President. Thank you for your belief in me and the support you have shown to me. I am truly blessed to have the wonderful clubwomen of Georgia encourage me in this role.
The theme for my two years is “Lead, Encourage, and Inspire” and it has come from the many years I have been taught leadership, I have been encouraged, or I have been inspired by my Federated friends and events. I hope you will also find leadership, encouragement, and inspiration during these two years.
My symbol is a strand of pearls. A single pearl is beautiful in and of itself but a strand of pearls is magnificent. I think of our membership this way. On our own, we can do things. Together, we can do amazing things. Let’s do remarkable things these two years! One of those is opening our doors to other women who would benefit from belonging to our clubs. Membership continues to be a critical area in our organization. We are 2,083 strong at this time. I hope to see us grow even stronger and challenge our clubs to grow by 10% this year – maintain your membership and add 10% more! Who is up for the challenge?
My inspiration comes from our Club Collect written by Mary Stewart in 1904 and is the very last phrase…”And, oh Lord God, let us not forget to be kind”. In all of our doings, in all of our meetings, in all of our interactions, help us to remember to be kind to others. To show a positive attitude, to be compassionate, helpful, and cooperative. In this wonderful organization, we are all volunteers. Be kind to one another.
As a state project, I choose to partner with Girl Scouts, an organization near and dear to my heart. As a girl scout myself and as a troop leader, I feel our organization has similar values and mission to build strong girls, provide leadership opportunities, and expose girls to many activities to grow and learn. Visit the “Girl Scouts at a Glance” on our website for ways you and your club can assist Girl Scouts. We will also have enjoyable things happening at our meetings such as earning badges and eating s’mores to remind us of the fun Girl Scouts have.
I personally now invite each of you to the state meetings. Please consider being a part of the state functions. Most women will tell you this is a wonderful opportunity to learn and grow. Members also asked for less seating and more learning. Members, watch out! That is what you will be doing in this administration! We will be very hands on at our first Institute August 17-19, 2018 at the Classic Center in Athens. A fun, interactive market place is being planned for you to enjoy, to become inspired, and to take club project ideas back to your clubs to impact your communities.
Please feel free to reach out to me, invite me to a club meeting or a project where I can work alongside your members. I am looking forward to serving GFWC Georgia in these two years.
In Federated Sisterhood,
President, GFWC Georgia
GFWC is a member driven volunteer organization with many levels of leadership and membership. The GFWC State Officers represent GFWC members within our great State of Georgia.
2018-20 GFWC Georgia – State Officers
- State President Tina Daniel
- First Vice President/President-Elect Shelby Holland
- Second Vice President Kim Sekulow
- Third Vice President Cathy Jones
- Director of Jr. Clubs Becky Bolden
- Recording Secretary Peggy Wilson
- Treasurer Armenda Barnes
- Corresponding Secretary Cimi Douglass
- Parliamentary Advisor Shirene Daniell
Georgia Executive Committee
- Past President Ida Dorvee
- Southern Region Conference President Kay Chadwick
- Life Director Shari Carter
- Life Director Brenda Martin
- Member-At-Large Julie Walters
- Member-At-Large Diane Norris
- Member-At-Large Linda Ford
- Junior Conference First Vice President/
- Director-Elect of Junior Clubs Dana Skelton-Sanders
- Ella F. White Memorial Endowment
- Fund State Chairman Sandi Quattlebaum
- Ex-Officio Member: Chairman of the Gail Cantrell
- Board of Trustees, Tallulah Falls School
GFWC Georgia Junior Officers
- Director of Jr. Clubs Becky Bolden
- 1st Vice President / Director-Elect of Dana Skelton-Sanders
- Junior Clubs 2nd Vice President Kelsey Johnson
- Recording Secretary Nicole Braun
- Treasurer Jennifer Stalvey
- Corresponding Secretary Lori Townley
- Parliamentary Advisor Kathryn Youles
- Member at Large Shelby Holland
- Immediate Past President Sandy Ahearn
- Central East District Debby Vanderbunt
- Central West District Pat Turner
- North East District Patty Gabilondo
- North West District Karen Clydesdale
- South East District Jessica Hall
- South West District Dianne Barlow
GFWC Georgia Standing Committees
GFWC Georgia Special Committees
GFWC Special Committees/GFWC Special Appointments